Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ears to You and Hello, Foxy

Today I have a couple of cards to share that use two of Stampin' Up!®'s single stamps: Ears to You and Hello, Foxy.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Ears to You
Paper: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla card stock; Print Poetry Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack
Ink: Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits dies, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing mat and tool, Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, pearls, Dimensionals

I love the little bunnies in this stamp. One of my friends has a pet bunny, so I made this card with her in mind. (Her birthday isn't until June, so I'm actually ahead of the game on this one.) Here are a few details about this card:
~ To make the layered shape for the focal image, I used one of the Labels Collection Framelits dies to cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Then I traced around the same die on Gumball Green card stock and cut it out by hand.
~ I stamped the bunnies with Midnight Muse on the focal layer and then with Crumb Cake on scrap card stock. I cut out one of Crumb Cake bunnies and adhered it to the focal image with Dimensionals.
~ I lightly sponged around the edges of the banner with Midnight Muse card stock so it would stand out against the focal image. To add some dimension to the banner I put two Dimensionals (on top of each other) in the middle of the banner and then adhered the ends to the card base.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hello, Foxy
Card stock: Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Natural Ivory
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Window Collection Framelits dies, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing mat and tool, Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, rhinestones, Dimensionals

I will admit that although I think this image is adorable, I had a hard time figuring out how to use it. I stamped and colored the image several times with different colors and techniques until I finally settled on this one. For the layout, I went with a design similar to the previous card, but I changed it up with a different shape Framelits die and an embossed background instead of the DSP. I' m still not completely satisfied with this card, though; I'll have to keep working with this stamp.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: