Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Day 7: Christmas star

I had a lot of fun playing with the Christmas Quilt bundle, so here is another quilt-themed card design for my 12 Days of Christmas series:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Christmas Quilt
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, Whisper White card stock, Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist, Garden Green
Accessories: Quilt Builder Framelits dies, red button (Making Memories), white baker's twine, Dimensionals

I had to do a quick online search, but I think this style of quilt block is called the Lone Star. I stamped and die cut the star, added a button in the middle and used Dimensionals to attach it to a 3" x 3" square of Real Red DSP. I struggled a bit with the rest of the layout, but I finally decided to adhere the block to the middle of the card front and add a strip of contrasting DSP on either side. I like that the star shape is repeated in the DSP, and the color helps bring out the Garden Green "stitches" on the focal image.

I have one more "quilty" card to share in my next post. Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Oh wow! I love this card:-)
So pretty and colourful:-)
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com