Friday, December 1, 2017

Day 1: Starry peace

For the first card in my 12 Days of Christmas series, I decided to share a wish for peace on earth. I love the sentiment as focal point, especially the mixed fonts. The stamps are from a set I bought this year, but one that I'm sure I will use for many years: Brushstroke Christmas by Essentials by Ellen.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Brushstroke Christmas (Essentials by Ellen)
Paper: Lost Lagoon card stock, All Is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Gold detail embossing powder, Year of Cheer specialty washi tape, sequins (Oct. 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit), gold/white twine (kit leftover), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

I originally designed this card with a watercolor wash background. I made a few backgrounds that I really liked, but I couldn't get the embossing to work on the watercolor paper; it just looked really flat and dull.

After several unsuccessful attempts, I gave up and decided to use patterned paper instead. I went with the muted colors of the All Is Calm DSP so the gold embossed words and stars would really stand out. I also added a few extra touches of gold with the Year of Cheer washi tape and some gold and white twine. This is a simple card, but it looks a bit more impressive in person, especially when the gold catches the light.



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: