Saturday, December 9, 2017

Day 5: Stocking mouse

For Day 5 of my 12 Days of Christmas series, I'm going to share a card that I made during my October craft weekend.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Jolly Friends (Penny Black), Christmas Pines, spirals (Block Wallah)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Poppy Parade card stock; gold foil paper (Paper Pumpkin kit leftover)
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Memento Tuxedo Black, alcohol markers (Stampin' Up!, Copic)
Accessories: Layering Ovals dies, gold sequins (Craft Medley), white baker's twine, gel printing plate (Gelli Arts), acrylic paint (various), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

I honestly can't remember the specific details of how I made the green background piece. I was experimenting with my gel printing plate, acrylic paints, and a cool wood block spiral stamp. Some of the pieces "worked," and some didn't. This piece seemed like the perfect background for a Christmas card.

For the focal image, I chose this adorable mouse snoozing in a Christmas stocking and colored it with alcohol markers. I cut it out with an oval die and mounted it on a red scalloped oval. I adhered the image to the middle of the background piece, which I trimmed down a bit, and added a white bow and a few gold sequins. I also used a strip of gold foil paper leftover from a Paper Pumpkin kit as a border between the background and the stamped sentiment.

I dressed up the inside of the card just a little. I glued the piece I trimmed off the green background along the bottom of the card and added a strip of red card stock just above it. It's not terribly fancy, but I like how it ties in the front of the card.

I can't believe Christmas is just over two weeks away. There is so much left to do! Someday I will have everything done early so I can enjoy all the fun holiday things like going to Christmas concerts, getting together with friends and maybe even making cookies.





I hope your holiday preparations are going smoothly! Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do think the background is indeed perfect for this - a dreamy kind of look for the dreaming little mouse. But, that is so true with those messy techniques (gellie, smooshing, sprays, watercolor)- it's almost impossible to recall exactly how they happened or how to recreate!
Judy

Sunshine said...

Cute little mouse:-) The background looks great! You did a good job Andrea!
Sunshine, New Zealand