Monday, December 25, 2017

Day 12: Treat packages

Merry Christmas! I've got one last project to share for my 12 Days of Christmas series, and it's some fun little treat packages that I made this holiday season for our mail carrier and UPS, FedEx, and Amazon delivery drivers.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Textured Whisper White card stock, striped patterned paper (unknown)
Accessories: Stitched Felt Winter Wishes pieces, rhinestones, pillow boxes (from Sept. 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit, Layered Leaves), gusseted cellophane bags, red ribbon (unknown)

I've put together these packages for the last few years, and I really enjoy doing it. They're nothing terribly grand or fancy, but little treats to say thank you to the men and women who deliver our mail and packages all year long, especially during the cold Minnesota winter.

This year I made eight treat bags, but when those went pretty quickly I decided to put together four more bags. (That's one thing that has changed over the years; with more online shopping and now Amazon making direct deliveries here, there are so many more delivery drivers!) Each bag contained a coffee gift card, lip balm, hand warmers, cocoa packet, a couple of chocolates and a simple card.

The small items went inside a pillow box from the September 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit (Layered Leaves). As soon as I saw that kit, I knew I wanted to save the boxes for Christmas, and they were perfect.

I made very simple (but I hope still cute!) holiday cards for the treat bags. I used a 3" x 3" card base with a square of striped paper and added a felt shape and rhinestones.

Here are the items that went in each bag. (I placed the hand warmers between the pillow box and the cocoa to hide some of that bright orange, which doesn't feel very holiday-ish to me.) The gusseted cellophane bags were the perfect size, and a bright red ribbon finished them off nicely.

I wish you a happy and safe Christmas filled with much love and laughter. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hand warmers! What a great idea - it's perfect! I'm always stumped for good ideas for little gifts like this. As always, thanks for the inspiration.
Judy