Monday, December 4, 2017

Day 2: Merry wreath

For the second post in my 12 Days of Christmas series, I'm sharing a card that's a twist on a very non-holiday card kit.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Many Happy Birthdays (Paper Pumpkin)
Paper: Real Red, gold foil card stock
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Hello Friend Heat Embossing Project Kit, Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Christmas Greetings Thinlits dies, linen thread, Dimensionals

Do you recognize the kit? It's the Hello Friend Heat Embossing Project Kit. I really like all three card designs in the kit, but I wanted a little more variety, so I turned one of the card designs into a Christmas card.

To make the pre-printed wreath more festive, I pulled out another non-holiday item: the Many Happy Birthdays stamp set from a former Paper Pumpkin kit. Using the image that is a row of dots, I repeatedly inked up just one of the dots with VersaMark ink, stamped it around the wreath and then embossed the dots with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder to turn them into berries. I added a gold die-cut "merry" and a linen bow to the wreath and then layered the Crumb Cake panel on a piece of Real Red card stock.

The Tranquil Tide card base needed a little interest, so I embossed it with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. Then I used Dimensionals to adhere the focal panel to the card base. The completed design reminds me a bit of a wreath hanging on a wooden door.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: