Thursday, December 7, 2017

Day 3: Beary Christmas

If you've been around my blog for awhile, you probably know that I like to make cards with cute animal images. So it shouldn't surprise you that this card design in my 12 Days of Christmas series may be my favorite this year:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Jack - Cardmaking (Close to My Heart), Holiday Wishes (Altenew)
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes; Chocolate Chip, Whisper White card stock; Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Accessories: Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Snowflake Confetti (Taylored Expressions), linen thread, Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

Isn't he adorable? This card just makes my heart happy.

I stamped, cut out and assembled the pieces for the bear, using a Dimensional to add the heart with a small linen thread bow. He needed the perfect background -- a red and white plaid pattern from the Quilted Christmas DSP Stack. To break up all that color and ground the bear, I embossed a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder and cut apart the piece along the lines of the "planks."

A sentiment stamped along the bottom of the card and a few small snowflake shapes finish off this cute card.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

I like this card "Beary" much!! He looks very Christmassy!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com