Friday, December 8, 2017

Day 4: A deer in winter

I have another animal card to share for Day 4 in my 12 Days of Christmas series:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Modern Deer (Altenew)
Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso card stock; red foil paper
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Early Espresso
Accessories: Woodland embossing folder, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), 4mm and 6mm sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

I love the realistic look of this deer image, and it was so easy to stamp, too: the main body of the deer was one stamp, and all the little accents (hooves, eyes, etc.) were together on a second stamp. It was pretty painless to cut her out by hand, too.

For the background, I embossed a piece of white card stock with the Woodland embossing folder, rounded the upper right and lower left corners, and adhered the panel to an Early Espresso card base. I used Dimensionals to attach the deer and added a few sparkling sequins to look like snowflakes.

I loved the clean and elegant look of this layout, but I felt like it needed a little touch of color. My first idea was to add a small cardinal on one of the tree branches, but I didn't have a stamp or die that was the right size. So instead, I used one of the accent dies from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits set to cut a small heart out of red foil, which I placed in the upper left corner. I think that finished everything off nicely.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little deer stamp! Love this card (and all so far in the series - life's been too busy, but glad to get time to catch up on your blog today).
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy!

Sunshine said...

How gorjuss is that little deer?! So cute:-) I love the little red heart, in fact it was the first thing I focused on when I saw your card!
Thank you:-)
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!