Saturday, February 25, 2012

Super simple card set

This afternoon I needed a quick, easy and cute birthday gift. I pulled together a few of my stamping supplies and created this set of note cards:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Paper: Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Blushing Bride, Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Pack - In Color
Accessories: Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes, Cherry Blossom Embosslits die, white baker's twine, Basic Pearls, 1-1/4" circle punch, Dimensionals

This is actually half of the card set; I made two cards for each color. Like I said, these are simple, but they are also versatile; they could be used for birthdays, thank yous, gift enclosures, quick notes and many other occasions.

I started with a pack of pre-cut and -scored note cards, which I love to have on hand for projects such as this. The cards are 5" x 3-1/2", and they also come with envelopes. For the background I used a 4-1/2" x 3" piece of DSP. (I originally wanted to make the DSP layer a little larger. But the DSP pack was 6" x 6", so by keeping the layer only 3" high I was able to use just one sheet for each color.) I wrapped the card front with baker's twine and added a flower die-cut with a pearl in the center.

I had a little strip of patterned paper leftover for each color, so I decided to make the envelopes coordinate with the cards. I punched 1-1/4" circles from the DSP and then adhered one circle to the flap of each envelope.

I forgot to take a picture of the packaging, but I simply placed the cards in a cellophane bag and tied the bag closed with a piece of Blushing Bride ribbon. And that's it (without any stamps or ink)!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: