Wednesday, February 8, 2012

'My type' of card

One of my favorite things from my most recent Stampin' Up!® order is the stamp set You're My Type. I've been excited to get this set ever since I saw the Occasions mini catalog. It's a fun, versatile set, and here I used it to make a simple masculine birthday card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: You're My Type
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Blue Bayou, First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, paper snips, Stapler (Making Memories), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I love how the First Edition Specialty DSP coordinates with the typewriter image. And the black and white (or in this case, black and vanilla) color scheme makes it easy to put together striking color combos; you just need to add an accent color.

For this card, I stamped the typewriter and greeting on Very Vanilla, cut it out and mounted it on a piece of First Edition Specialty DSP with Dimensionals. I matted the DSP with Basic Black and stapled on two card stock flags. The flags are distressed just a bit so they curl up and add a little dimension. I added the blue circles on the DSP to bring a punch of color to the focal image.

I really like the way this card turned out, but I think it would have also been interesting to emboss the card base, maybe with something classic like stripes, to add a bit more texture. I'll have to try that on my next card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: