Friday, February 3, 2012

A little punchy

Today I started tackling my stamping challenge to use each of my stamp sets for at least one card. I decided to make three cards with stamp sets that are designed to coordinate with various punches. (Sorry the pictures aren't great; I still haven't bought a new digital camera, and I haven't figured out all the settings on my sister's.)

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Four Frames, On Your Birthday
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray and Soft Sky card stock; Soft Sky Designer Series Paper Prints
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Decorative Label punch, Pool Party seam binding ribbon, Basic Gray corduroy buttons and brads, corner rounder, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals

For the focal image on this card, I stamped the greeting on Soft Sky card stock and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch. I stamped the frame on Whisper White card stock, punched it out with the same punch and then cut out the oval shape in the middle. (I just snipped through the bottom of the frame and followed the border to cut out the oval. Then I put a small piece of tape on the back of the frame to hide the slit.) I used Dimensionals to adhere the frame over the greeting. To ruffle the ribbon, I placed a piece of Sticky Strip across the card front and then left "loops" as I adhered the ribbon.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Oval All
Card stock: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Concord Crush, Tangerine Tango marker, Daffodil Delight marker
Accessories: Large Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Butterfly punch, 1/8" Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon, white baker's twine, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, corner rounder, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

For the greeting, I stamped the "thank you" image twice: once on Whisper White and once on Concord Crush. I used the Scallop Oval punch to punch out the image on Concord Crush. I colored the image on Whisper White, used the Large Oval punch to punch out the inside of the image and adhered it to the scalloped oval with Dimensionals. The scalloped oval and yellow butterfly are also adhered to the card with Dimensionals.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Punch Bunch 
Card stock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Pale Plum, Purely Pomegranate 
Ink: Pale Plum, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Scallop Square punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, 3/4" circle punch, white baker's twine, clear buttons, Stripes embossing folder, Glue Dots

This is my least favorite card of the group, but it was also the first one I made of the three. So maybe that's a good sign; they'll just keep getting better. Right? Well, for this card I stamped the image four times, punched them out and adhered them to a piece of Purely Pomegranate card stock. There is a strip of Pale Plum card stock, punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch, adhered at the bottom of the Purely Pomegranate as well as a strip at each side. (Originally I had done some faux stitching on the sides, but the ink smeared, so I added the card stock strips.) In the middle there is a 3/4" clear button backed with a circle of Old Olive card stock and tied with a piece of baker's twine.

These three cards are barely the tip of the ice berg in my stamping challenge, but at least it's a start. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: