Sunday, February 12, 2012

A crowning collection

I am making slow but steady progress toward my stamping challenge goal of using all of my stamp sets; so far this month I have made cards with fifteen sets. How many do I have left? No idea, really, but fewer than two hundred. I think.

Anyway, I have a collection of "royal" cards to share today: each card has at least one crown stamped on it. I had fun playing with this theme -- and I got to use quite a few rhinestones, which is never a bad thing. I have four cards to share, so I'll just provide a few details about the cards to keep this post from getting too long. If you have questions about specific details, leave me a comment, and I'll get you the answers. All the supplies used here are from Stampin' Up!®.

Sahara Sand card base embossed with polka dots. Scalloped bottom edge matted with black card stock. Focal image is "Happy Birthday" framed with swirled lines and a crown at the top. Black ribbon goes around the card with a safety pin and tags at the knot.
Supplies:
Stamps: Elementary Elegance
Card stock: River Rock, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Basic Black marker, River Rock marker
Accessories: Adorning Accents Edgelits dies and embossing folders, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, Jewelry Tag punch, Curly Label punch, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

It's hard to tell in this photo, but I used the Adorning Accents Edgelits dies and embossing folders a bit differently. I used the die to make scallops on the River Rock card stock. But instead of embossing those scallops, I embossed a piece of Basic Black card stock and adhered it to the card so that the "points" between the embossed scallops are in the middle of the die-cut scallops.

Blue card with stamped images of playing cards. The focal image is the Queen of Hearts card colored in and with the sentiment "Queen of everything." Embossed hearts along the bottom.
Supplies:
Stamps: Card Games, Elementary Elegance
Card stock: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Poppy Parade
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Poppy Parade, Sahara Sand (pad and marker)
Accessories: Adorning Accents embossing folders, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, paper snips, Basic Rhinestones, Tombow multipurpose liquid glue, Dimensionals

For the focal point, I stamped the card image twice on Whisper White card stock: once in Not Quite Navy and once in Poppy Parade. I trimmed a few parts from the red stamped image and adhered them on the blue one. Then I colored the background with Sahara Sand.

Gray card with embossed pink background. Three gray ribbons come down from the top of the card, and on each ribbon is a punched circle with a crown and the word "princess."
Supplies:
Stamps: A Little Love, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card stock: Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Basic Gray
Ink: Basic Gray, Pixie Pink marker
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, 1-1/4" circle punch, 1-3/8" circle punch, 1-3/4" scallop circle punch, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Basic Gray satin ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Each piece of ribbon is adhered to the card in two places: on the back of the Pixie Pink card stock and behind the punched circles. I added a scallop circle behind the center image for a little extra interest and emphasis.

Gray card with flowers stamped on background. Focal image is black cat with a rhinestone collar and purple crown. Sentiment reads "you're the cat's meow!"
Supplies:
Stamps: Cool Cat
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Orchid Opulence
Ink: Basic Gray, Orchid Opulence
Accessories: Corner rounder, Lace Ribbon Border punch, Dazzling Details, Basic Rhinestones, Tombow multipurpose liquid glue, Dimensionals

There are two layers of the Lace Ribbon Border punch on this card. The first layer I adhered directly to the card base. The second layer I crumpled up, opened and then adhered directly on top of the first strip. I just put a few dots of glue on the second strip so the edges still curl up. I also added a light touch of Dazzling Diamonds for a little extra sparkle.

On a different note, I finally broke down and ordered a new digital camera last night: a Canon EOS Rebel. It cost a bit more than I intended to spend, but thanks to the wonder of gift cards and target.com, I got a good deal. It's definitely a step up from the camera I have now, so I'm sure it will take a bit of time to learn everything. I hope it comes this week so I have time to play over the weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: