Friday, February 24, 2012

Flower fun

I am ready for spring. Not that this winter has been particularly harsh or anything. Quite the contrary; for Minnesota, it's been pretty mild, even downright balmy at times. But I'm ready for flowers. So if you can't have real flowers, what's the next best thing? Stamped flowers, of course.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Polka-Dot Posies
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Blossom Builders die cuts, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, corner rounder, Dimensionals

I haven't used this color combination before, but I really love how vibrant it is. I stamped flowers and leaves on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock for the background and covered the edge with a piece of ruffled ribbon. I used three die cuts from the Blossom Builders kit, with a rhinestone in the middle, as an embellishment. The flowers in the Blossom Builders kit come on two 12" x 12" sheets, and you just need to punch them out. The little flag also came in the kit -- a great use of the extra space between the flowers. I just stamped a greeting on the flag, and it was ready to go!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Pool Party seam binding ribbon, In Color Printed Designer brads, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, corner rounder

The Pick a Petal stamp set is fun because you can "build" a flower exactly how you want to. I decided to go with five petals so there was a little space to add the flag and greeting between petals. I stamped and cut out the petals and the center of the flower and then glued the pieces together. For the card base I embossed the bottom half with polka dots and added some seam binding ribbon.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Daisy
Card stock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Going Gray (pad and marker), Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Color spritzer, 1/4" Old Olive polytwill ribbon, paper daisy (Making Memories), Summer Sun corduroy buttons and brads, Basic Pearls, corner rounder, baker's twine

To make the two-tone flower centers and leaves, I used just one color for each. For the leaves, for instance, I inked the full leaf image with Old Olive, stamped once on scratch paper and then stamped on the card stock. Then I inked the leaf outline image with Old Olive and stamped it over the full image.

I love these daisies, so I stamped them all over the card stock and used the Color Spritzer to fill in a bit of the white space between the flowers. Then I added just a few simple embellishments: ribbon, a paper daisy with button center, and a pearl in each corner.

I hope these cards brought a little taste of spring to your day. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: