Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jolly giraffes

I love animal stamp sets, whether they are realistic, bold or cutesy images. So for today's group of cards, I decided to use a few different giraffe images to make three kid-friendly cards.

Gender-neutral baby card with the image of a giraffe pull toy and polka-dot embossed background.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®, unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Little Hellos
Card stock: Whisper White, River Rock, Soft Suede
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, River Rock, Soft Suede and Riding Hood Red markers
Accessories: Riding Hood Red pleated satin ribbon, Decorative Label punch, "Just Because" Cards Cricut cartridge (Provo Craft), Regals brads (Cherry Cobbler), Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 1/16" hole punch, Dimensionals

I wanted some sort of die-cut shape to place behind the stamped giraffe image, and I happened to find this Soft Suede piece in my scraps. I had cut it out with my Cricut a while ago but never used it. I really like how it looks with the Decorative Label punch. Because the pleated ribbon is a bit thicker than I used two layers of Dimensionals to adhere the Soft Suede label shape to the card.

Kids birthday card with three stamped giraffes on white card stock panels.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Wild about You, On Your Birthday
Card stock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: 1/16" and 1/8" hole punches, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches, Earth Elements brads, Tombow multipurpose liquid glue, Dimensionals

When I first thought about putting brads in the upper right corners of the three white panels, I was disappointed because I knew I didn't have small brads in Island Indigo or Lucky Limeade. But I came across a pack of old Earth Elements brads, and found that Not Quite Navy and Old Olive were pretty close matches. Gotta love it! To add some extra color to the giraffes, I punched 1/8" holes in Chocolate Chip card stock and then glued four of the punched circles on each giraffe.

Baby card with four punched squares. Three of the squares each have a giraffe stamped in a pastel color; the fourth says "welcome, baby."
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Fox & Friends, Petite Pairs
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz
Ink: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Adorning Accents Edgelits dies and embossing folders, 1/16" hole punch, Neutrals brads, Victoria crochet trim, 1-3/8" square punch, Dimensionals

My goal here was to make a baby card that is appropriate for either a girl or boy, and even though this has a little bit of pink, I think this works. My two favorite details are the little tab of crochet trim and the die cut and embossed scalloped bottom edge.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: