Monday, February 20, 2012

A little fruity

Today I have four cards to share that are all a little "fruity." The first two have realistic images, the last two use more bold, stylized images.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Fabulous Fruits, French Script
Card stock: Soft Suede smooth and textured, Very Vanilla
Ink: So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Basic pearls, 5/8" So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, paper snips, Dimensionals

To make the two-toned pear, I first inked the stamp with So Saffron. Then I lightly tapped the Pear Pizzazz ink pad over part of the stamp and stamped the image. I stamped the stem and leaf separately, cut them out and adhered them to the trimmed pear image.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Farm Fresh
Card stock: Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Basic Brown; markers: Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Garden Green
Accessories: Stripes embossing folder, basic jumbo grommets, linen thread, 1/2" circle punch, Crystal Effects

To make the background for this card, I embossed the card front with the Stripes embossing folder. Then I lightly rubbed the Basic Brown ink pad over the card stock so it just caught the raised stripes. It turned out a little bit darker than I was imagining. I think it would have been better to use the Ruby Red stamp pad for a more subtle tone-on-tone look.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Citrus & Such, Pursuit of Happiness
Card stock: Peach Parfait, Whisper White
Ink: Lucky Limeade pad, Peach Parfait pad, Tangerine Tango marker, Old Olive marker
Accessories: Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Dazzling Details, Brights and In Color glimmer brads, 1/16" hole punch, Dimensionals

To make the fruit-slice images on this card, I inked the stamp with the lighter color (Lucky Limeade and Peach Parfait) and then used a darker shade of marker (Old Olive and Tangerine Tango) to color just the outer circle before stamping. It's hard to see in the picture, but I also added a little Dazzling Details to the outer circle for a touch of sparkle. I had a hard time deciding on a greeting for this card. I was originally going to do "You're sweet," but that didn't quite seem to fit with the limes. Then as I was looking through my stamp sets, I found this greeting, which I think works perfectly!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tart & Tangy
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Old Olive and Real Red markers, white gel pen
Accessories: Blooms die cuts, 1/8" Real Red taffeta ribbon, 1-3/8" circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Dimensionals

I got the idea for this layout from the Feb. 18 post on my friend Faith's blog (Coffee & Chocolate & Stamps - Oh My!). It jumped out at me right away, and I thought it would be the perfect layout for this fun stamp set and coordinating DSP. For the focal point, I used two flowers from the Blooms die cuts; I embossed the larger flower and used a white gel pen to add faux stitching to the other. I also added faux stitching around the strips of DSP. I love how cheerful this card looks.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: