Sunday, January 5, 2020

Twin baptism cards

Just before Thanksgiving, one of my cousins had twins. Today is their baptism, and although I wasn't able to attend, I wanted to make them cards. And since they are twins, I used the same card design in two different colors.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hello Friend, Happy Wishes (Wplus9 Design Studio)
Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Petal Pink card stock
Ink: So Saffron, Petal Pink, Soft Seafoam
Accessories: Lattice die, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, 1-1/4" scalloped circle punch, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Share What You Love Artisan Pearls, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I wish the lighting was better in these pictures, but I had to get the cards in the mail, so I didn't have a chance to retake them. At any rate, if you are a regular visitor at my blog, this layout may look familiar. Religious cards are the most challenging ones for me to make because I don't buy many religious stamps. So for these cards, I fell back on my tried-and-true method of trimming down a Lattice die cut into a cross. (If you want to see the other cards, check out these posts: Baptism times three, Soft and simple baptism card, and First communion card.) I do try to change up the backgrounds so the cards aren't exactly the same.


For these cards, I used soft pink, yellow, and green to stamp a wreath and flowers on panels of white card stock. I rounded the corners and adhered each layer to a coordinating card base. I added a punched scalloped circle in the middle of the wreath and then glued down the cross. In the center of the cross I added two small white flower punches and a tiny colored pearl.

Inside each card I added a white panel stamped with a sentiment in the coordinating ink. I also stamped a couple of leaf clusters to fill in the space a little and to bring in another color.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: