Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Done in love

I'm back today to share more of the valentines I made for Meals on Wheels. These cards, however, have a clean and simple design that could work for many occasions.

Supplies:
Stamps: Done in Love (Unity Stamp Company)
Paper: Crumb Cake card stock (Stampin' Up!), watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), color Burst powders - Rich Moroccan shades (Ken Oliver Crafts)
Accessories: Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), Sparkle Silk (Fun Stampers Journey), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M), Aqua Painter (Stampin' Up!)

I love these stamps, and while they aren't traditional Valentine's Day images, I think they work well for the occasion.

To make these cards, I first die-cut the stitched rectangles from water color paper. Then I set up the image and sentiment stamps in my stamp positioner and, using black pigment ink, I stamped all the panels and set them aside to dry.

Once the ink was dry, I painted water on the flowers with an Aqua Painter. Then I lightly tapped Color Burst powder over the water. I was envisioning a loose, flowy water color look, but I must not have applied enough water, because the color didn't spread much. So I used the water brush to spread and paint the color in the flowers.

When the flowers were dry, I repeated the steps with the leaves and finally the envelopes. Originally I wasn't going to paint the envelopes because I really wanted the flowers to pop, but in the end I really like the blue, and I'm glad I added it.

Using foam tape, I adhered each panel to a Crumb Cake card base. To add a little embellishment, I splattered a bit of Sparkle Silk over just the flowers and then added three clear droplets.

I've actually managed to finish all the valentines I need for Meals on Wheels, so I just need to sign them and drop them off at the local rec center next week. I made several different card designs, so I'll be sharing them over the next week or so. Now I need to make my own Valentine's Day cards! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

These are so pretty, and I just love that Unity stamp! The word stamp is great, and perfect for Valentines cards! You have been busy!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those are just beautiful! Love the sentiment - so unique. And the little details, the droplets, for example, are perfect.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy!