Tuesday, January 21, 2020

My 'type' of valentine

Over the past couple of years I seem to have developed a need to buy all the typewriter stamps. I'm not exactly sure why I'm drawn to them; maybe it's because I like words and writing. Or maybe it's a reminder of a simpler time. Whatever the reason, I just love them. And the stamp I used for today's cards is one of the newest additions to my collection.

Supplies:
Stamps: Typewriter Love (Unity Stamp Company)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White card stock; Patterns Stack - Brights Collection (all Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), PC924 colored pencil (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Stitched Nested Labels dies (Stampin' Up!), red/white twine (unknown), foam tape (3M), Glaze & Glue (Craft Fantastic)


For this layout, I started with a white card base and added a layer of red polka dot paper. I stamped the typewrite and sentiment on white card stock and cut it out with a label die. I colored the heart with a red colored pencil and coated it with a glaze to add a little shine and dimension. I trimmed off the top point of the label shape and then used foam tape to adhere it to the card base so it was flush with the top of the card. To finish the card I wrapped twine around the front of the card and tied it off in a bow. (I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I stamped a simple "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Typewriter Love (Unity stamp Company), Secretary Pool (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!), PC924 pencil (Prismacolor)
Accessories: White Tea Lace Paper Doilies (Stampin' Up!), red/white twine (unknown), Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)

After I finished the last batch cards, I had a couple of typewriter images left over so I decided to try a different layout. Using a Crumb Cake card base, I stamped a collage-style image twice with Crumb Cake ink to create a subtle background. (I rotated the image 180 degrees before stamping the second time, which you can see if you look at the oval detail in the bottom right and top left parts of the image.) I glued a little piece of doily over the background image and then placed the typewriter, with foam tape on the back, so it was sitting on the doily. For finishing touches I added some red-and-white twine and a few red rhinestones. I think that this design has a little more of a feminine feel, but I like the way both designs turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards. I love how the first looks contemporary, with bright colors and clean lines and the second looks vintage with the subtle background and the doily...using the same set!
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Very cute cards! I like the first one best, but they are both very cute! I think I have that typewriter stamps, I need to USE it!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! It is fun to get different "looks" from the same stamp. :)

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!