Saturday, January 4, 2020

Flowers and foliage

I'm finally nearing the end of my 2019 cards. Just a few more posts, and then I can move on to new projects. So without further ado, here is a collection of cards featuring lots of flowers and foliage.

Supplies:
Stamps: Crimson Morning 1001, Distress Frame 985 (Rubbernecker Stamps)
Paper: Royal Ultra White Felt watercolor paper (The Paper Cut); Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black, Real Red card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Color Burst powders - Lemon Yellow, Marigold, Fuschia, Chartreuse, Pthalo Green (Ken Oliver Crafts)
Accessories: Scripty Hello die (Lawn Fawn), Go Green sequins (Craft Medley), Art GLitter GLue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)


I made this card after I took a couple of classes with Rubbernecker Stamps at the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo last summer. I still need to practice more with my Color Burst Powders, but this one was better than some of my earlier attempts.

The "hello" was cut out of red card stock multiple times and then layered together to help it stand out.

Supplies:
Stamps: From the Vault Aged Shadow, Antique Bee and Flowers (Hero Arts)
Paper: Thick Very Vanilla card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Sandy Beach (Gina K Designs), VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), metallic art pencils (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Clear embossing powder (Stampamania), All Year Cheer washi tape (Stampin' Up!)


I love this stamp image, and apparently a lot of other people do, too, because for a long time every time I tried to order it, it was out of stock. Once I finally got it, I had to use it to make a couple of quick, clean and simple cards.

This card was inspired by one I had seen online (and can't seem to find again to provide a link). It's one layer, with a neutral color palette and metallic accents - a good all-occasion card to have on hand.

Supplies:
Stamps: Antique Bee and Flowers (Hero Arts)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Crumb Cake card stock (Stampin' Up!); gold foil sheets (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!), gold paint pen (Sharpie)
Accessories: Clear embossing powder (Stampamania), Circles Collection and Deco Labels dies (Stampin' Up!), Bitty Banner punch (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)

This card has a similar color palette, but I added a few layers. It's hard to see in the photo, but I also added gold splatter to the card base.

Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Wishes (Wplus9 Design Studio)
Paper: Cucumber Crush, Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!); Neutrals Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Cucumber Crush (Stampin' Up!), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Wreath Builder Template (Gina K Designs), Finishing Touches edge dies (Stampin' Up!), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), twine (unknown), pearls (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)


For this card and the next one, I used my Gina K Designs Wreath Builder template to create the focal images. On this card, I positioned the stamp so the stem part of the repeated image forms a circle. I left the wreath green and accented it with a few pearls.

Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Wishes (Wplus9 Design Studio)
Paper: Cucumber Crush, Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Flirty Flamingo, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Wreath Builder Template (Gina K Designs), Circles Collection dies (Stampin' Up!), Happy Wishes Words die (WPlus9 Design Studio), white tea lace paper doily (Stampin' Up!), 2016-18 In Color enamel shapes (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)

For this wreath, I angled the leaf image so they aren't connected when stamped with the template. I filled in the empty spaces with little pink, red, and yellow flowers and pink enamel dots.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hope for Comfort
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White card stock; Pocket Blossom card stock stack (DCWV)
Ink: Crumb Cake
Accessories: Detailed Floral dies, Bitty Butterfly punch, pearls, foam tape (3M)


The flowers are more subtle on this card, but I think that and the soothing color palette are appropriate for the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Mondo Wildflower (Essentials by Ellen)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!); watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers - 021, 020, 050, 052, 040, 036, 037, 067, 041, 065, 043, 803, 080 (Kuretake)
Accessories: Mondo Wildflower dies (Essentials by Ellen), Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), jute twine (May Arts Ribbon), clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), sequins (Craft Medley), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

I'm happy with how the large flowers turned out in these images, but the cluster of little flowers gave me fits when I made these cards. I could not figure out what colors to use for them, and I'm not crazy about either of my choices.

Supplies:
Stamps: A Happy Hello (Gina K Design)
Paper: Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!), Slate card stock (Gina K Designs)
Ink: Slate, Lucky Clover, Tangerine Twist, Coral Reef (Gina K Designs)
Accessories: Happiness Blooms enamel dots


My plan for this card was to have an all-flower background with most of the flowers in a neutral and a pop of colorful flowers. I didn't like the end result as much as I'd hoped, though; I think because the gray is a little too dark and it detracts from the color.

Supplies:
Stamps: Wild at Heart (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Gina K Designs)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineno); left card - Crushed Curry (Stampin' Up!); right card - Passion Pink, Sweet Mango, Wild Dandelion, Key Lime, Sea Glass (Gina K Designs)
Accessories: Sparkling Silk (Fun Stampers Journey), black and white twine (Stampin' Up!), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), rhinestones (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

This background stamp is so pretty, and it comes with some wonderful sentiments. For the card on the left, I applied ink to the stamp with ink cubes, dragging each cube across the stamp in a straight line and overlapping the colors just a bit. I think it will be fun to try some other inking techniques with this stamp, too.

Thanks for stopping by (and making it through another long post)!

No comments: