Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 'bear-y' fun easel desk calendar

Happy New Year! The first day of 2020 seems like the perfect time to share the desk calendars I made as Christmas gifts this year. I always look forward to making the calendars, but I think I would enjoy the process a bit more if I wasn't stressed about finishing them right before Christmas. So this year I saved a little bit of design time by making all six calendars the same and using (for the most part) the same stamps and dies for all of the pages. I love the Bear Ware stamps from Ellen Hutson, and they were perfect for the calendars.

Supplies:
Stamps: All Inside, Bear Ware, Bear Ware 2, Bear Ware 4, Warm Fuzzies, Retro Holiday Greetings (all Ellen Hutson), Ocean Borders (Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, Close to Cocoa, Pool Party, Blush Blossom, Calypso Coral, Soft Sea Foam, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Real Red card stock (Stampin' Up!), tear-off calendars (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Sugar Cube (Taylored Expressions); Pool Party, Blush Blossom, Calypso Coral, Soft Sea Foam, Lavender Lace, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up!); Signo white gel pen (Uni-ball); gold paint pen (Sharpie); various alcohol markers (Copic, Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: All Inside, Bear Ware, Bear Ware 2, Bear Ware 4 dies (all Ellen Hutson); Pattern Party Decorative Masks (Stampin' Up!); blender brush (Picket Fence Studios); white embossing powder (Hero Arts); foam tape (3M); Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute); clear card boxes (Taylored Expressions)

For each month I decided on a theme and then stamped, colored and die cut the bear and all the little accessories to create that page for each calendar. Here are closer pictures of the pages:







The calendar pages are the size of an A2 card (4-1/4" x 5-1/2"), so each completed calendar fit perfectly in one of the clear card boxes from Taylored Expressions. I did turn every other page upside-down to even out the thickness of the stack.


I think these turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. And I hope the recipients enjoy using them throughout the year! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Honest, I'm at a loss for words (in a good way!) Amazing and thoughtful gifts. There are so many cute details on each calendar page.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank you so much, Judy! I really appreciate your kind comments!