Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Birthday bonanza

I'm back with another card smorgasbord, and this time it's a bonanza of bright, fun birthday cards.

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Basics Turnabout (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Birthday Basics dies (Concord & 9th), Turnabout Jig (Concord & 9th), ZIG Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen (Kuretake), white crochet thread (DMC), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

This card and the next one both use the Birthday Basics Turnabout stamp set. For this card I used a different color ink for each "turn" to create a colorful background.

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Basics Turnabout (Concord & 9th), Birthday Best (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Birthday Basics dies (Concord & 9th), Turnabout Jig (Concord & 9th), Large and Small Stitched Rectangle Stackable dies (Lawn Fawn), Go Green sequins (Craft Medley), ZIG Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen (Kuretake), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

For this birthday card I used one color ink on the same color card stock to create a tone-on-tone background.

Supplies
Stamps: Birthday Basics (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Party Collection ink set (Orange Twist, Grass Skirt, Rockin' Red, Fiesta Blue) (Catherine Pooler); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Sparkling Silk (Fun Stampers Journey), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)


Supplies:
Paper: Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!), 110-lb Solar White card stock (Neenah), Oh My Stars Collection Kit (Bella Blvd), acetate (unknown)
Accessories: Birthday Wishes Frame die (Simon Says Stamp), Small Stitched Rectangle Stackable dies (Lawn Fawn), sequins (Hand Made Modern), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

I don't make a lot of shaker cards, but they are fun. I made these two -- a masculine and feminine version -- with the Birthday Wishes Frame die. I absolutely love this collection of paper with its bright colors and festive patterns.



Supplies:
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, textured and smooth Bermuda Bay (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Tim Holtz Mini Stencil Set 40 (Stampers Anonymous), blender brushes (Picket Fence Studios), Wonky Stitched Circles dies (My Favorite Things), Happy Birthday die (Stampin' Up!), Skinny Mini Borders 2 dies (Taylored Expressions), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), foam tape (3M)

I used two colors of ink when I created the stenciled background on this card: Pool Party and Bermuda Bay. I was hoping for a more noticeable difference, but the two colors ended up looking very similar. I think I should have used a lighter hand when applying the Pool Party ink.


And that's it for me for 2019. I do still have cards left from the year, so I'll be posting those through the rest of the week. And come back tomorrow to see the 2020 desk calendars I made as Christmas gifts. I delivered the last calendar today, so I can finally share them online.

Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and Bright! Just the way birthday cards should be! Love balloons for birthday cards, the Taylored Expressions cards stood out for me. And this is a good reminder to me to get started making birthday cards. Most of what I need each year are in February through July.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I love balloons, too. I have so many balloon stamps and dies, but I still manage to find more I need!