Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Llama gift set

Earlier this year my friend's daughter celebrated her thirteenth birthday. I have a hard time choosing gifts for 13-year-olds, so I went the easy route and got her a Target gift card. Since the gift wasn't the most exciting, I decided to have a little fun with the gift packaging.

Supplies:
Paper: Llama Love paper pad (Craft mith); Basic Black card stock, gold foil sheets (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Curly Q Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), The Giving Gift Box dies (Divinity Designs), shimmer mist (made with Taylored Expressions' Shimmer Liquid Watercolor), gold ribbon (Michaels), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I decided to make a coordinating llama-themed card and gift box, and the Llama Love paper pad made it easy! I chose three different sheets from the pad: one for the card background and box base, one for the top of the box, and one for the focal image (I hand-cut the image of the llama out of the 12" x 12" sheet).

I used black card stock for the card base and added a layer of the patterned paper. I cut the Curly Q Cutting Plate out of gold foil paper and adhered that over the patterned paper.

After cutting out the llama image, I coated it with clear shimmer spray to give it a nice sparkle. Then I used foam tape to attach it to the card front.




I used a set of gift card box dies from Divinity Designs to make the box, and it was so easy. I love that it's big enough to use for other small gift items, too, such as jewelry or chocolates. I added a lip balm in the box with the gift card, and it was perfect. The die set also includes a die to cut out the top of the box lid, so you could add clear acetate and then see through the lid. I decided to keep the cute pattern on the box lid instead. I secured the box with a simple band of gold ribbon.


And the best part is that the gift card in the box coordinates with the packaging!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a safe and happy New Year's Eve, and may 2020 bring you kindness, adventure, love and laughter. Happy New Year!

No comments: