Sunday, February 25, 2018

So 'mushroom' in my heart

I know February is almost over, but I'm finally getting around to sharing the valentines I sent to my family and friends this year. The good news is that none of these designs -- which I'll divide up into a few posts -- mention Valentine's Day on the front of the card, so you could easily use them to say "thinking of you" or "love you" any time of year. Today I'm only going to post one of the valentines. It's the first one I made and definitely my favorite.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Snailed It (Essentials by Ellen), Punny Man 2 (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes; Real Red, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Accessories: Snailed It dies (Essentials by Ellen), Hearts Dies (Little B), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), washi tape (Stampin' Up!, Recollections, We R Memory Keepers, Eyelet Outlet), Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

Isn't that adorable? The mushroom images are from a new stamp set I hadn't used yet (purchased with a Christmas gift card - yippee!), and I love them combined with the die-cut and faux-stitched heart. I also added clear Wink of Stella to the red mushroom cap for a little sparkle.

For the background on the white note card -- which is my favorite card size for valentines -- I used strips of four washi tapes in different widths and patterns. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the skinny washi tape is actually gold; it's from the Year of Cheer washi tape set from last year's Stampin' Up! holiday catalog. I used Dimensionals to adhere the heart and mushrooms over the washi tape and then added three clear droplets around the heart.

The sentiment is from another stamp set I hadn't used yet. I love the fonts, and it's perfect for this layout!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

So cute! I like the saying too!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love it! I'm a fan of puns - this is perfect. I like the layout as well. I have washi tape that I should use!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine and Judy!