Friday, February 9, 2018

Valentines: Punny little animals

As promised in my last post today I am sharing some of the valentines I made this year to donate to Meals on Wheels. I actually shared my first batch of these valentines in my Jan. 20, 2018, post titled "September 2017 Paper Pumpkin: Alternate projects."

Our local Meals on Wheels organization, which is run through a community center, has about 100 clients. I wanted to make sure everyone received a valentine, so I made a total of 120 cards and told the organizer to use any extras for other activities or groups at the center. A good percentage of those cards were cute, punny 3" x 3" animal valentines. They're all simple cards and pretty self-explanatory, so I'll just share the pictures and supply lists with a few notes as needed. Inside the cards I stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" and wrote a brief note.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Jack - Cardmaking (Close to My Heart)
Paper: Whisper White, Primrose Petals card stock; Primrose Petals Core'dinations card stock
Ink: Basic Gray, Primrose Petals
Accessories: Layering Squares Framelits dies, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Mini Dimensionals

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Wild About Ewe, Honey (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Textured Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Warm Gray No. 3 marker (Copic)
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon, Dimensionals

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Panda (Art Impressions), stitched circle (Endless Creations), Wild About You, Honey (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Textured Taken with Teal, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Melon Mambo; Memento Tuxedo Black; Basic Black marker; dark Smokey Slate Blendabilities; Rose Pink, Cool Gray No. 1, colorless blender (Copic)
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon, Dimensionals

I didn't have room to stamp a sentiment on the front of this card, so I stamped "Bear hugs" inside and then hand-wrote "Happy Valentine's Day."

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Wild About Ewe, Honey (Raisin Boat), stitched circle (Endless Creations)
Paper: Whisper White, textured Real Red card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Skin Tone Assortment Blendabilities
Accessories: 2-1/2" circlepunch, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon, Dimensionals

It's hard to see in this photo, but I applied clear Wink of Stella glitter to the bees' wings in these cards so they have a fun sparkle. As with the previous card, for the design on the left I stamped or wrote the pun along with "Happy Valentine's Day" inside the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: This Little Piggy
Paper: Chocolate Chip Pocket Notes and envelopes, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip pad and marker, alcohol markers (Stampin' Up! and Copic)

This card isn't actually a 3" x 3"; it's called a Pocket Note, and Stampin' Up! sold them years ago. The card size is about 2-1/2" x 3-1/2". I stamped the image with Chocolate Chip ink instead of black; it's a dye ink, so it still worked just fine with the alcohol markers. After the pig was all colored, I used the fine tip of my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker to add the little brown dots on his back and belly.

That's it for the first batch of valentines. Stayed tuned for the rest of the cards in my next two posts. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards for a great organization. Sure to bring a smile to the folks who receive those cards.
Judy

Sunshine said...

Meals on Wheels is such a great organisation and o a great job in the community. I am sure everyone who receives one of your gorjuss cards will love it:-) You will make alot of people happy:-)
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com