Saturday, February 10, 2018

Valentines: Bottles and buddies

Welcome to the second installment of the valentines I made for Meals on Wheels. (See yesterday's post for some cute cards with animal puns.) Today I'm sharing two card designs made with the Message in a Bottle set and one featuring a little boy and his puppy.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Message in a Bottle
Paper: Neutrals Core'dinations card stock, Subtles Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand, Real Red marker
Accessories: Brights enamel shapes, red polka dot grosgrain ribbon, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensioanls

I wanted to make some valentines that were cute (Valentine's Day has to have a little cute factor, right?) but a little more masculine than usual, and I think these designs work nicely. Like most of the cards I shared yesterday, these are 3" x 3", which is perfect for valentines. Here are a few quick tips about these designs:
- I used the reverse side of the polka dot ribbon so the small cards weren't overwhelmed with too many patterns.
- I hand-drew the little heart on the sail because I couldn't find a stamp or punch small enough.
- Inside the cards I wrote a sentiment along the lines of "Whale you be mine" in the whale card and stamped "You float my boat" in the one with the ship.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: From the Heart
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, alcohol markers (Stampin' Up!, Copic)
Accessories: Stitched Shapes and Layering Squares Framelits dies, red and white twine (Target), Dimensionals

This little boy and his buddy sure seem ready for Valentine's Day! I've had this stamp set for ages, and I still think it's adorable. (There are also images of a little girl, cat and bird in the set.) I colored the focal image with alcohol markers and then cut it out with a stitched square die. I matted it with a red scalloped square for a touch of color and added red and white twine with a simple bow for a little texture. I think this is another clean and simple card design that works well for little guys (and big guys, too!).

In my next post I'll share the last two card designs I created for Meals on Wheels. Until then, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

These cards are so cute:-) The Message in a Bottle ones are great! I love that you have put a whale in one bottle and a ship in the other one!
The boy with the dog is so cute! The red and white twine finishes the card off nicely! Awesome:-)
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com