Saturday, January 20, 2018

September 2017 Paper Pumpkin: Alternate projects

It's finally here: the last of my projects from 2017. More specifically, it's a group of projects using the September 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit, Layered Leaves.

When I first opened the kit, I loved all the different pieces; I just didn't necessarily love them all together on the projects they had designed. So I used a few things here and a few things there and created a variety of different projects.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Kits: September 2017 Paper Pumpkin (Layered Leaves), Chalkboard Banner Simply Created
Accessories: Gold sequin trim
Other: 3" lettering stencil sheets (Deja View Stencils)


The first thing I did with the kit was stamp the large leaves and layer the leaf die cuts together. I set aside some to use on Thanksgiving cards, and I decided to use the rest to make a banner. I happened to have another old Stampin' Up! kit in my stash that was perfect: the Chalkboard Banner Simply Created kit.

I used letter stencils to spell the word "thankful" on the chalkboard banner pieces and then strung them on the twine, separating each banner with a cluster of leaves. I added a length of gold sequin trim with each group of leaves and used the mini yellow clothespins from the Paper Pumpkin kit to attach them to the twine.

I was sure that my cats would have this torn down in record time, especially with the gold pieces that shine when they catch the light. But so far, so good. It's still hanging in my bedroom, and while I've caught them sitting on my headboard and sniffing it once or twice, I haven't seen them do anything worse. At least not yet.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Kit: September 2017 Paper Pumpkin (Layered Leaves)
Paper: Cajun Craze card stock, gold foil (kit leftovers)
Accessories: Fall Leaves Swirl embossing folder (Darice), gold sequins (Craft Medley), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

I used the remaining leaf clusters from the kit for Thanksgiving cards. For the card bases, I embossed Cajun Craze card stock with a fun swirls and leaves texture and then rounded the corners. I added a stamped tag to each set of leaves, and adhered them near the upper right corner of the card.

I wanted to add a bit more gold, so I dug out some scraps of gold foil paper left over from another kit, cut a narrow strip and adhered it near the bottom of the card. Three god sequins add just a bit more sparkle and the perfect finishing touch.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Kit: September 2017 Paper Pumpkin (Layered Leaves)
Paper: Blushing Bride
Accessories: Hearts cutting dies (Little B), Subtles enamel dots, Calypso Coral baker's twine, mini Dimensionals

I wasn't sure at first what to do with the embossed 3" x 3" cards from the Paper Pumpkin kit, but since the envelopes had a pink watercolor look, I decided to save them for valentines. And since I'm making valentines for Meals on Wheels again this year, these were the perfect start.

I used some great heart dies I got for my birthday to create a heart outline with "stitched" detailing out of Blushing Bride card stock. (The set has separate dies for cutting out the hearts and adding the stitched lines, so you can get a variety of different looks depending on which dies you use.) I tied a baker's twine bow around one side of the heart and adhered it to one of the 3" x 3" card bases with mini Dimensionals. Then I added a small enamel heart on the card and then glued the inside of the die-cut heart on the front of the envelope. Eight quick valentines done and ready to go! (I actually made these cards a week or two ago, after the new year, so this is a good segue from the old into the new.)

The last item from the kit, the pillow boxes, I used for holiday treat packages. I shared those in one of my 12 Days of Christmas posts, and this post is already long, so I won't add the pictures again here.

So all together, I used this kit to make projects for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's Day. Not too shabby! And next week I'll start sharing some new projects. As always, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

The banner looks great! So do the big leaves with all their pretty colours!
The heart cards are pretty too:-)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thank you!