Monday, January 8, 2018

A set of Tranquil Tulips

Tulips are one of my favorite flowers, so I was excited to see the Tranquil Tulips host set in the 2017-18 Stampin' Up! catalog. It was the perfect set to use to create a card set for my cousin's birthday last fall.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Tranquil Tulips
Paper: Thick Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Real Red, Melon Mambo, Fresh Fig, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Gold Deco Foil (Therm-o-web), Florence sequins (Close to My Heart), Sticky Strip

I like the layout and colors of these cards, but I do have a confession: After I was finished with the stamping, I realized I had messed up the flowers. Each flower is made with two separate stamps, one for the "back" of the flower and one for the "front." The stamps are made so that you can use the same color to stamp both images instead of having to use a light and a dark shade. I had forgotten that little tidbit, so when I stamped the flowers, I inked up the image for the "back" of the flower, stamped it first on scratch paper and then stamped it on my card base to get a lighter tone. As a result the backs of the flowers, especially the yellow and pink, are way too light. If I had just stamped directly on the card base, the image would have been naturally light enough to stamp the second image over it. Oh, well. They're still pretty tulips.

To add the gold strip along the bottom of the cards, I placed a piece of Sticky Strip adhesive all the way across the card. Then I peeled off the backing and added the Deco Foil over the exposed adhesive. Three sequins add another touch of gold to each card.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Mmmm, love these cards!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com