Thursday, January 4, 2018

Clearing out the old

In honor of the new year, I've decided to clear out the old. Photos of "old" cards to be specific. I have several photos that have been sitting in my cyber files for months, including several of the cards I made at my craft retreats last fall. I never got around to sharing them because there was always something I liked better or something more timely or [insert various excuse here]. So for the next week or so I'm going to focus on sharing those cards before I jump into creating new cards and goodies. So here goes.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Party with Cake
Paper: Green Galore, Whisper White card stock; recycled paper from a junk mail envelope (Current)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Project Life journaling pen
Accessories: Yellow paper flowers (Eyelet Outlet), Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), large glitter brad (American Crafts), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen

The starting point for these two cards was the colorful floral paper. It was part of an envelope I received last summer containing a sales flyer or coupon from Current. (Current is a company that sells stationery, holiday, home and gift items. I used to order from them frequently before I started making cards. Picking up those packages in the college mail roomwas the best. I still order occasionally; they have awesome wrapping paper.) I loved the bright colors and didn't want to just toss it, so I cut apart the envelope and made these two cards.

I've loved doing stuff like this since I was a kid: making gift tags out of greeting cards (or vice versa), collecting paint and wallpaper samples at the home improvement stores to make collages, cutting old wrapping paper into tiny pieces to make mosaic pictures. I really enjoy doing it, but I think I never shared these cards because they didn't seem "fancy" enough. They're not really anything special, but I still love that paper, and they're bright and cheery, and I made them. So why not share them?

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Geo-Graphic (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Green Galore, Berry Burst card stock; recycled paper from a junk mail envelopes (Current)
Ink: Berry Burst
Accessories: Yellow paper flowers (Eyelet Outlet), neutrals brads, Large Polka Dot embossing folder, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Dimensionals

I went with a polka dot theme for this card, and I added plenty of Wink of Stella for a solid sparkle factor, although it's hard to see in the photo above. You can see it a bit better in the shot on the right. All the large embossed polka dots, as well as the smaller yellow flower, are coated with Wink of Stella. I don't know what I did before I found that amazing product!

So there are my first two "old" cards. I'll try to get more posted this weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bright colors! These are perfect and cheerful.
Judy

Sunshine said...

What pretty paper! Nice cheerful cards!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com