Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Baptism times three

In October, we added three new members to our extended family: My youngest cousin had her first baby on the 18th, and the next day another cousin had twins. They were all baptized within a week of each other in November, so I fell back on my tried-and-true layout for religious cards:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes; Whisper White, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz card stock
Accessories: Lattice die, Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, pearls, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Dimensionals

I've used the cross made with the Lattice die for a First Communion card and for another baptism card, but I have changed up the background each time. So I hope no one minded that these three cards were all basically the same!

I kept everything white on these cards except for the pop of color provided by the flowers. But white doesn't have to mean boring! The Pinewood Planks embossing folder makes a great textured background, and I added shimmer to the crosses with a clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (it's hard to see the sparkle in this photo). I did want to give each card a little individuality, so I used different card stock for the punched flowers on each card. Definitely clean and simple, and I really like them.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Oh these are goruss and so pretty!
Snail mail coming your way:-) May thanks for your gorjuss card:-)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com