Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Soft and simple baptism card

A couple of weeks ago I needed to make a baptism card for my cousin's new daughter. I used a design I'd made for a first communion card a couple of years ago for inspiration and created this card:

Supplies (all Stampin' up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: work of Art, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White note card, white Crinkles Cardstock (Wausau Paper)
Ink: Blushing Bride
Accessories: Lattice die, Artisan Embellishment Kit, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, Simply Scored tool, Mono Multi liquid glue

I wanted a soft background for this card, so I used one of the "swoosh" stamps from the Work of Art set with Blushing Bride ink. I stamped the image near the top of the note card and then, without re-inking, stamped it twice more moving down the card. (The third swoosh is very light and hard to see in this picture, but it's there.) Then I used the Simply Scored tool to emboss a border and stamped a greeting in the lower right corner.

For the focal image, I cut out the Lattice die from white Crinkles Cardstock. I trimmed the die-cut piece down to the shape of a cross and adhered it to the card front. With a clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, I added just a touch of sparkle to the cross. A delicate pink flower in the center of the cross was the perfect finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sapphire-Rose said...

So delicate and pretty! I like how you made the cross! Well done:-)
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com