As I mentioned in my last post, I have some 4" x 4" cards to share from the box of Valentine's Day cards that I sent to a local Meals on Wheels organization. Here is the first quick and cute design:
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Paper: Basic Gray card stock, textured Riding Hood Red card stock, Neutrals Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Accessories: Lattice die, Sweetheart punch, silver sequins, Dimentionals, Mono Multi liquid glue, Glue Dots
I love making this size card for valentines. I cut four card bases from a 12" x 12" piece of card stock and use the remaining 4" x 4" square for punching out hearts. The cards also fit in a standard A2 envelope, so they are easy to mail.
For a little variety I used three different colors for my card bases -- Riding Hood Red, Purely Pomegranate, and Real Red -- four twelve cards total. The layer of DSP in the background is 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" square, so I was only able to get nine pieces from one sheet of DSP. I didn't want to cut up a second piece, so for the last three cards I changed the design and used the leftover strips of DSP:
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Basic Gray card stock, textured Real Red card stock, Neutrals DSP Stack
Accessories: Sweetheart punch, red baker's twine (unknown), Mono Multi liquid glue, Glue Dots
It's a simple design but still cute, and I don't think it's too "girly," which can happen with valentines. Instead of adding sequins on this card, I used a baker's twine bow for a little embellishment.
So that's it for my donated valentines this year. Now I'm trying to get my own valentines finished so I can get them in the mail by Thursday (I hope!). Thanks for stopping by!