Saturday, February 13, 2016

You're stinkin' cute

I managed to get all of my valentines done and in the mail on Thursday. In fact, as I was putting on the last postage stamp, I looked out the window and saw the mail carrier across the street. Just in the nick of time!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Stickin' Cute (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections), Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Blendabilities markers Smoky Slate and Skin Tones assortments, alcohol markers R81 and R85 (Copic)
Accessories: Stinkin' Cute Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn), pearls, Blushing Bride sequin trim, Corner Chomper (We R Memeory Keepers), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I love this adorable stamp set -- the sentiment is definitely accurate -- and it's perfect for this clean and simple card design.

I started by stamping, coloring and die cutting the skunk, flower and heart pieces. With Glue Dots I adhered the flower and heart onto the skunk. I stamped the "scent swirls" on the card base, used Dimensionals to attach the skunk and stamped the sentiment just below the focal image.

I wanted to add a little embellishment without overpowering the focal image. So I placed a tiny pearl in the middle of the flower and used Glue Dots to attach three sequins. (It's hard to tell in the picture, but they're pink sequins and look really cute with the other touches of pink on the card.)

I think I'll be able to share the rest of my valentines in my next post; I have a few 3" x 3" designs that I made for my cousins. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: