Saturday, March 8, 2014

Party animals

I've been plugging away at making birthday cards the last few weeks; I'm determined to have a box full of them to give to my grandma by Easter. Here's a fun card for a birthday boy or girl:

Kids birthday card with images of a monkey, turtle and fox and the greeting "They say it's your birthday."
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Fox & Friends, Big Bold Birthday, It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Cajun Craze
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Cajun Craze, Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Natural Chevron ribbon, 1-3/8" circle punch, Neutrals and Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

I love all the circle elements on this card with the contrast of the straight lines in the chevron ribbon. I stamped the animals and punched each one out so part of the image was outside the circle. Then I used Dimensionals to mat each one with an offset circle of coordinated cardstock. (I didn't realize until the card was finished that I accidentally stamped the turtle in Wild Wasabi ink and used Garden Green cardstock for the mat. But the colors are close enough that I decided to leave it as is.) I repeated each of the colors with a Candy Dot above the ribbon, which I trimmed and adhered to the card to call attention to the stamped sentiment.

When I first finished this card I wasn't sure I was happy with the layout, but these party animals have grown on me. Hope you like them, too. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: