Saturday, February 13, 2021

Valentine cuteness

After making all my valentines for Meals on Wheels, I had a little time to make a few cards of my own. I had bought a few new stamp and die sets specifically for the holiday, and they made the cutest cards.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sending Love (Waffle Flower)
Paper: Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Early Espresso card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Pool Party (Stampin' Up!), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Mailbox die (Waffle Flower), Set the Scene - Clouds stencil (Taylored Expressions), blender brush (Taylored Expressions), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I love this little mailbox die! It's actually designed to be a gift card holder and even has little tabs inside to secure a gift card. But you can just cover up the tabs to make a fun interactive card, which is what I did for these three cards:

The mailbox die set also includes all the dies to make these little envelopes, so I die cut a bunch of them out of three colors of card stock and filled up each mailbox.  Aren't they cute? I especially love the little wax seal for the back of the envelopes.

For the rest of the card design, I used Pool Party card bases and ink blended some subtle clouds in the background. A few scraps of brown card stock made posts for the mailboxes.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sending Love (Waffle Flower)
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes; Whisper White, Crumb Cake card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); alcohol markers - C1, W1 (Copic); Real Red, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Pool Party, Bronze, Crumb Cake Blends (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Sending Love dies (Waffle Flower), Stitched So Sweetly dies (Stampin' Up!), Clear Drip Drops (Taylored Expressions), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

These are the most adorable cards. Unfortunately, I didn't get great pictures, and when I lightened the photo, it washed out the colors. But you get the idea. I stamped, colored, and cut a mouse, mailbox, and two postage stamp images for each card. I adhered them to Crumb Cake scalloped rectangles and attached each rectangle to a white note card. I stamped a few hearts in Crumb Cake and added three clear droplets for embellishment on each card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Snail Mail (Reverse Confetti)
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes; Basic Black, Whisper White confetti (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Real Red, Pool Party (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); alcohol markers - W1 (Copic); Pool Party, Mango Melody, Crumb Cake, Real Red Blends (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Snail Mail dies (Reverse Confetti), Stitched So Sweetly dies (Stampin' Up!), resin hearts (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

Snail mail! I used a similar layout as the previous cards but turned it horizontally. I used black card stock for the scalloped rectangles so the bright colors would really pop. And instead of leaving the background white, I repeatedly stamped several images from the set in a few different colors.

I hope you have a happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Oh Andrea, these are such cute fun cards! I do like the first ones with the mailbox and mail inside! The "snail mail" ones are also very cute, as are the ones with the mice on!
Awesome job!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine!