Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Baby thank-you card

Next weekend I'm going to a baby shower for my cousin and his wife. As part of the gift for the new mother, I made a set of twelve thank-you cards.

Simple thank-you note card with a mini banner and the greeting "so kind of you."
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Banner Blast, Sweet Essentials
Cardstock: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Almost Amethyst, Crumb Cake, Pool Party
Accessories: Banner punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Envelope Punch Board (for corner rounder), rhinestones, Mono Multi liquid glue

I chose a neutral color palette -- the gender of the baby is going to be a surprise -- and a clean and simple layout. I like that the design, while definitely baby-appropriate, isn't baby-specific, so the cards could be used as thank-yous for other occasions as well.

To make the cards, I used four of the banner images from the Banner Blast stamp set. I stamped each image in a different color on Whisper White card stock, then punched them out and added a coordinating mini flower with a rhinestone center. I adhered the banners in a curved line in the upper left corner of the white card base and stamped the sentiment in the lower right. I rounded all the corners of the card to soften the edges a bit. And to add a little detail to the envelopes, I stamped a small heart (also from the Banner Blast set) on the back flap.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: