Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Balloons and banners

I'm back to share two more birthday cards, these featuring simple, bright balloons and banners.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Remembering Your Birthday
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Pool Party
Accessories: Corner rounder, Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals

This was a very quick and easy card to create, which is great. And even better, I love the end product. One little tip: To make the strings shorter on two of the balloons, I just applied ink to part of the rubber before stamping. I matted the Whisper White focal layer with Basic Black and then used Dimensionals to adhere it to the Bermuda Bay card base.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Banner Blast, Create a Cupcake
Cardstock: Smooth and textured Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Banner punch, Simply Scored tool, rhinestones, Dimensionals

I made a simple border on this card by scoring a line 1/4" from each edge. It's a little detail, but I think it adds a finished look to the card. To add some depth, I used Dimensionals to adhere the banner on the left. And here's a secret: I added the rhinestones to cover up a mistake. When I stamped the sentiment, the edge of the stamp caught the ink pad and left some Rich Razzleberry ink just above the word "Happy." I didn't want to start over, so I improvised. I placed a large rhinestone over the extra ink, added a couple of smaller ones to make a little cluster and then placed three more rhinestones near the banners. It wasn't intended, but it works!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: