Monday, March 3, 2014

Cards from the Heartfelt Banner kit

When I saw the Heartfelt Banner Designer Kit in the Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration (SAB) brochure, I was intrigued. First, I fell in love with the little felt balls. I wanted to put them in a container on my table and just admire the happy colors. Second, I realized from the item description that the banner pieces were just the right size for including on cards. So I got the kit as one of my free SAB items and got to work.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Basic Black
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Heartfelt Banner Designer Kit, Deco Label Framelits dies, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Neutrals Candy Dots

I started with the printed cardstock banners in the kit; there are two each of three different designs. The banner on this card is printed with Calypso Coral flowers, so I started with a Calypso Coral card base and embossed it with polka dots. I used black as a contrasting color, stamping a birthday greeting in black ink on the banner and adding a die-cut layer of Basic Black cardstock behind the banner. I adhered a paper doily -- which is also included in the banner kit -- to the left side of the card front and placed the banner over it. A few Basic Black Candy Dots finish off the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Label Love, Gorgeous Grunge
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Ink: Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Heartfelt Banner Designer Kit, Artisan Label punch, white baker's twine, InColor printed brads, Dimensionals

I love the simple, monochromatic color scheme of this card. I stamped the splatter image from the Gorgeous Grunge repeatedly on the card base to make the background. Then I tied the polka-dot banner on the card using baker's twine and adhered the punched label with Dimensionals. I also added a polka dot brad in the bottom right corner, but I just realized that the color of that brad is Lucky Limeade, not Pear Pizzazz. Oops. It looks okay in person, but I think I'll go back and replace the brad with a different one.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Medallion, Petite Pairs
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
Ink: Smoky Slate
Accessories: Heartfelt Banner Designer Kit, Large Oval punch, Scallop Edge Border punch, Decorative Label punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Everyday Essentials paper-piercing pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, pearls, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I combined the straight, strong stripes in this chevron banner with plenty of round edges and scallops. I used the Medallion stamp for a tone-on-tone Smoky Slate background and added punches of Coastal Cabana with the scalloped edge at the top, the small punched flowers at the bottom and the Decorative Label punch behind the greeting. For a little embellishment, I pierced a border around the greeting and added pearls as the flower centers and at the top of the banner.

I made two of each of these cards to use up the cardstock banners, so now I just need to decide on projects for the rest of the kit contents (canvas banners, doilies, linen thread, mini clothespins). And find a container for the felt balls; I'm thinking about a clear glass votive holder or small vase. Then I'll be set. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: