Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Remembering Your Birthday

I've been having a lot of fun with my new Remembering Your Birthday stamp set; I love the coordinating sentiments for the outside and inside of cards. For these two cards, I combined the sentiments with a couple of my retired birthday-themed stamp sets.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday, Remembering Your Birthday
Cardstock: Smooth and textured Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Old Olive, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Striped Pacific Point ribbon, Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals

For this card I used markers to ink the sentiment with different colors. It's a fun and easy way to give emphasis to specific words in a greeting. I stamped the sentiment on a Whisper White flag and tucked the end under the ribbon.

For the rest of this clean and simple card I stamped and cut out three presents, added Candy Dots at the center of the bows and adhered them to the bottom of the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Remembering Your Birthday
Cardstock: Positively Pink, Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Baked Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, white gel pen
Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits dies, Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing mat and tool, Dazzling Details, Pink Essentials ribbon (American Crafts - Elements), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

To make the focal image for this card I stamped the cupcake twice: once on Whisper White and once on Positively Pink cardstock. I cut out the icing part of the pink image and adhered it over the other image, using Glue Dots to provide just a hint of dimension. After coloring the rest of the cupcake, I added a little bit of Dazzling Details glitter glue to the candle flame and sprinkles. A girl likes a little sparkle, right?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: