Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall friends

Fall is my favorite season, and our weather has definitely been autumnal the past few days. It's the perfect time to share two cute animal cards that make me think of fall.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Into the Woods (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Blue Bayou, Whisper White card stock; Patterns Pack III Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Early Espresso, Gumball Green
Accessories: Early Espresso baker's twine, Designer Naturals buttons, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

I think this little fox is adorable, and he was perfect for paper piecing. I stamped the image on Whisper White card stock and striped Really Rust DSP. I cut out two pieces from the DSP image, adhered them to the image on Whisper White card stock and then cut out the whole fox. To complete his little scene I stamped and cut out a log and a few bushes and layered the pieces on the card, using Dimensionals for the fox and one of the bushes.

I wanted to add a few simple embellishments, so I wrapped a piece of Early Espresso baker's twine around the bottom of the card and added a wood-look button (also tied with baker's twine) in the upper right corner. I finished the card by rounding the two bottom corners.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Into the Woods (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Early Espresso, Soft Sky, Whisper White card stock; Patterns Pack DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Gumball Green, white gel pen
Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits dies, Cupcake Builder punch, Dimensionals

You Friends aficionados out there will appreciate the fact that at least half the time I was making this card, all I could think was, "There's a deer just outside eating fruit from the orchard!" Hee. I used a Soft Sky oval on an Early Espresso card base to create the look of a frame or window. To create the deer, I stamped the image on DSP, cut it out and used a white gel pen to color the tail and ear. Again I used a log and a few bushes to create the scene; I also added a couple of clouds (made with the Cupcake Builder punch) to better balance the layout. Finally I used a white gel pen to make a faux-stitched border around the edge of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: