Sunday, September 22, 2013

Quiet winter scenes

I've had a busy weekend trying to get various projects done and items crossed off my to-do list, so I have a quick blog post tonight with two wintery holiday cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Winter in the Park (Lawn Fawn)
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Soft Sky, Gumball Green, Real Red, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Corner rounder, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

Does this scene make you wish for winter? Personally, I'm not quite ready for the snow and the cold. And the snow. But I do love this quiet little scene: the garland between the lampposts, the falling snowflakes and the snow-covered park bench. But my favorite part of the card is actually the light in the lampposts, which I made by tapping the end of a cotton swab on my Daffodil Delight ink pad and then touching it to the cardstock. It created exactly the soft, sort of hazy look I wanted. I didn't add any embellishments to the card because there's already quite a bit to look at, and I didn't want it to become too busy.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Winter in the Park (Lawn Fawn)
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Sky, Soft Suede
Accessories: White baker's twine, rhinestones, Dimensionals

For this card I simplified the winter scene to just the snowy park bench. I made the snow drift a little larger and slightly mounded. To create that shape, I simply curved the stamp before I put it on my clear block. I added a few rhinestones to the falling snow and a simple piece of white baker's twine around the bottom of the card.

As pretty as the snow is, I really hope we have plenty of time before we see the flakes falling. I'm not ready for boots and shovels yet. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: