October hasn't even started yet, and my weekends for the month are already almost booked. That means if I want to send out any Halloween cards this year, I'd better get them made in a jiffy. Yesterday I pulled out the retired Stampin' Up! set called Spooky Bingo Bits and noticed that some of the images look like letters -- the jack-o'-lantern could be an O, the witch's boot an L, and so on. That gave me the idea for this wacky Halloween card:
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits, Retro Alphabet Upper
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Gray
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray, Gumball Green, Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight, Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Honeycomb elbossing folder, orange grosgrain ribbon, Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon, 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, primary rhinestones (Me and My Big Ideas), corner rounder, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
It was a fair amount of fussy cutting -- which is why I only made one card like this -- but I think it turned out pretty cute. I couldn't find an image for every letter in "Happy Halloween," so I used my oldie-but-goodie Retro Alphabet set to fill in a few of the letters. I think it's probably better that way; if there was a series of only images, I don't think you would be able to tell that it was actually spelling something.
I used Glue Dots and Dimensionals to adhere the cut-out letters and images to a piece of Basic Gray cardstock embossed with a honeycomb texture. I kept the embellishments simple with just a few ribbon tags and an orange rhinestone. I might have to go back, though, and add googly eyes to the skull for one last little detail.
Thanks for stopping by!