Monday, December 31, 2012

Stamping challenge progress

Way back in January 2012 I gave myself the challenge to make at least one card with every Stampin' Up!® stamp set I own. I've been plugging away on that goal and have definitely made some progress. The tricky part, though, is that my stamp collection is always in flux. Of course, I continue to get new stamp sets fairly regularly. But I'm also (a little less regularly) getting rid of sets, either by donating them or giving/selling them to friends and family. In fact, I keep a box filled with stamp sets I rarely use that are next on my "to give away/sell" list (although occasionally I go through the box and take out something I've decided to keep).

So in a nutshell, it's hard to say how many stamp sets I actually have, and I think some of the stamp sets I've used in my challenge I don't own anymore. But to date, assuming my unofficial records are correct, I've made cards using 130 stamp sets. Now I've made many, many more cards than that this year, but I have favorite sets that I use a lot, so repeats don't count. And I only counted the main stamp set for each card, even if I used multiple sets, so the total number of stamp sets I used is probably higher than 130. But all in all, I think that's fairly impressive progress. Especially since there were times when I had to push myself to put down a favorite stamp set and pick up one that I hadn't used in years.

I didn't put an end date on my challenge, so I will continue to work toward my lofty goal. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: