Thursday, December 27, 2012

Coordinating gable box and card

My grandma's birthday is Dec. 23, so every year I try to make sure her gift -- including the card and packaging -- are definitely not Christmas-y. This year I decorated a kraft gable box with some tropical-looking paper flowers and created a card to match.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Card stock: Crumb cake
Accessories: Kraft gable box, paper flowers (Mulberry Street),Bermuda Bay polka dot ribbon, In Color printed designer brads, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze corduroy brads, corner rounder, large glue dots (ZOTS), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

This set was very easy to make, which was important since I created it the afternoon of the party. For the box, I wrapped the Bermuda Bay ribbon all the way around, putting a piece of Scor-Tape about every 3" to 6". I mixed and matched the flower layers, added brads for centers and then adhered them to one side of the box with large glue dots. For the card, I rounded the corners of a Crumb Cake base, adhered a piece of the ribbon along the front and added one large layered flower and two smaller single ones, all with brads in the center. That's it! Super quick and super cute.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: