Sunday, December 2, 2012

Snowflakes in three styles

Since every snowflake is different, today I am going to share three snowflake-themed cards that are all different styles.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Bold Snowflake, More Merry Messages
Paper: Very Vanilla, Island Indigo card stock; Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Island Indigo
Accessories: Blossom punch, corner rounder, rhinestones, Dimensionals

I used two sheets of the Festival of Prints DSP to make three cards of this design. I cut one sheet in approximately thirds to make the light blue panel for each card (I adjusted the size a little so I didn't cut through the circles in the pattern). I rounded the corners of the panel (as well as the card base) and adhered it to the card. For the second sheet of DSP, I cut along the lines in the chevron pattern to make six strips, two for each card. I trimmed along the lines of the chevrons to make the V ends of the pennants and then adhered them over the left side of the blue pattern at different lengths. I stamped and punched the snowflake, adhered it to the card with Dimensionals and added a rhinestone in the middle.

I had pieces of the chevron strips left from the pennants, and I didn't want to just throw them away. So I trimmed the leftover strips and added them to a Very Vanilla panel inside the card. Sentiments stamped on the front and inside panel finish off the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: More Merry Messages
Card stock: Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Northern Flurry embossing folder, rhinestones, gold embossing powder, gold organdy ribbon (unknown), Dimensionals

This card uses very limited supplies, but I think it's stunning in its simplicity. I embossed a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock with the Northern Flurry embossing folder and added a rhinestone in the middle of each snowflake. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and embossed it with gold embossing powder. For another touch of color I tied a piece of gold organdy ribbon around the bottom of the panel. (This ribbon was originally wrapped around a box of Christmas ornaments; I often save those "found" ribbons to use on cards or other projects.) Using Dimensionals, I attached the panel to a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" Whisper White card base. I didn't take a picture of it, but I also embossed the inside sentiment with gold embossing powder to coordinate with the card front.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Season of Friendship
Card stock: Whisper White, Bordering Blue, textured Chocolate Chip
Ink: Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, corner rounder, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Mini Glue Dots

This was a fun and easy card to make. I randomly stamped snowflakes on a 3-5/8" x 4-7/8" piece of Whisper White card stock with Bordering Blue ink (one of my favorite retired colors). Then I stamped the tree in Chocolate Chip ink in the middle. I stamped the bird in Cherry Cobbler ink on a scratch piece of card stock, cut it out and adhered it on a tree branch with a Mini Glue Dot. I wanted to add a little bit of sparkle, so I used a 2-Way Glue Pen to add glue to the tops of the branches and then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the glue. (It's hard to see in the photo, but it adds a fun shimmer in person.) I rounded the corners of the white card stock and matted it on a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of textured Chocolate Chip card stock. To finish the card, I tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon around the layered panel and adhered it to a Bordering Blue card base.

I think I'm almost done making my Christmas cards. I have a couple more designs to share tomorrow, which should make fifty-two cards, plus I know I have some left over from previous years. I just need to make my card list to be sure I have enough. Then I'll have to start sending my cards and making a few little gifts for work and neighbors. How is there only twenty-three days left until Christmas?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: