Thursday, March 16, 2023

Seahorse birthday wishes

It's been some mix of raining and snowing most of the day today, and now the wind has kicked up. Winter doesn't want to let go, but I am definitely ready for spring. I'd also settle for a nice beach vacation, but that's not in the cards for me. So I'll just share a sea-themed birthday card while I dream of warmer weather.


This card started with the Calypso Coral seahorse, which is splattered with silver watercolor paint. I had made it for a different project and then decided it didn't work, so it was just sitting in the dish of odds and ends on my table waiting for the right card. And I think it's perfect here!

To create an under-the-sea look, I embossed a Coastal Cabana card base with a wave embossing folder. Then I tore the edge of a piece of Crumb Cake card stock and glued it along the bottom of the card front for the sand. I adhered the seahorse to the left side of the card and glued a die-cut "birthday wishes" on the right side, overlapping the seahorse just a bit.

To embellish the card I added a few clusters of clear droplets for bubbles. And I used a mini stapler to add a bit of burlap ribbon in the upper right corner. I love the texture and color of the ribbon, and it has a beachy, tropical feel to me.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sitting on the sand, and swimming at the beach sounds like good fun! Your seahorse card looks good! The colours are perfect and those silver splatters on the seahorse look great too! We are into Autumn (Fall) and are already getting some rain. Warms sunny days (usually) but cooler in the morning and at night. I am NOT in a hurry for Old Man Winter to arrive!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Love the beachy colors. The bit of ribbon accent is perfect - thanks for the inspiration for when a space needs a little "something" to balance the design.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy and Sunshine!