Friday, March 10, 2023

Birthday Basics Turnabout cards

I'm back today with a couple more festive birthday cards, this time made with the Birthday Basics Turnabout set from Concord & 9th.

For the first card (on the left), I actually didn't use the turnabout portion of the stamp set. Instead I used the large "hooray" stamp from the set to make my own background panel. I started by stamping the word along the middle of the bottom edge in Bermuda Bay. Then I stamped the partial words on either side in Coastal Cabana and Calypso Coral. From there I moved up the card stock, shifting the position of the stamp and changing the ink color as needed. I added some coordinating die-cut mini banners (Taylored Expressions) to the background and layered it on Bermuda Bay card stock and then a Calypso Coral card base. For the focal image I die cut a balloon and bow using the Birthday Basics dies and stamped "best day ever" on the balloon. I attached the balloon using foam tape and finished the card with some clear droplets.

For the second card I did use the turnabout stamp from the set, and I will admit that, due to a few user errors and then some ink smudges, it took me several tries to get a finished panel I liked. This one still isn't perfect, but I think it's busy enough that it's not too noticeable. And I love the overall effect with the bright, bold colors. Once the background was done, I added four strips of coordinating card stock in different widths across the top half of the panel. Using foam tape I adhered a die-cut "happy birthday" (Gina K Designs) over the strips. I attached the panel to a dark blue card base and added a few silver sequins.

Inside these cards I used a couple more sentiments from the Anything-but-Basic Birthday Wishes stamp set (My Favorite Things) that I mentioned in my last post. I think they both work perfectly with their corresponding card front, and to connect them even more I decorated both inside panels. For the first card I added some falling confetti in the same colors as the card front, and on the second card, I included two party blowers die cut from coordinating card stock.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow these sure are fun cards Andrea! I really like the background on the second card, with all the bold Birthday pictures! And that Gina K Birthday day is great, I haven't seen one like that before. Loving the bold colours! Both cards make me want to party and celebrate!
BTW, both my Lavinia Stamps orders are now in New Zealand! Now I just have to wait for them to be scanned and sent to my local delivery center, and then finally delivered to me! My excitement is bubbling over!
Have a great weekend,
Sunshine xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind on blog reading! I'll simply say that I'm excited to see all the ideas and inspiration for birthday cards and ideas for masculine cards. I'll be needing quite a few birthday cards in the next few months and some of those will be for guys.
The bright colors on these are wonderful - definitely will make the birthday recipient smile!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank you for the kind comments, Sunshine and Judy!