Friday, March 31, 2023

Waiting for spring

I am very ready for spring. We had a rainy day here today, but the rain is supposed to change to sleet/snow tonight, and then we have a blizzard warning. Boo. Since spring weather isn't here yet, I'll share a couple of spring-y cards instead.

Tulips are one of my favorite flowers, and they always make me think of spring, so I pulled out the Mondo Tulip stamp set from Ellen Hutson. (I bought this set a couple of years ago and hadn't used it yet. Oops.) And since I'm still in need of birthday cards, I added birthday sentiments to both of these cards.

For my first card I decided to color the tulips. I used light yellow and pink alcohol markers to make two-tone flowers. (I think they turned out pretty well considering I don't do a lot of coloring.) I cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die, matted it with black card stock, and adhered it to a light pink card base. I finished the card with a few clear droplets.

For the second card I wanted to see if I could use the tulip stamp without coloring the flowers. I used the same basic layout as the first card, but this time I stamped the flowers using Crumb Cake ink. I stamped a large "happy birthday" across the flower stems using dark purple ink. Then I mounted the panel on dark purple card stock and attached it to an amethyst card base. I finished the card with a few sparkly sequins and a dimensional butterfly sticker (I used the butterfly to choose my colors).

I love flower stamps, but I can't wait to see some real spring flowers around here! Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cards Andrea! I love the colours and your blending is seamless! The one without the colour is just as amazing as the coloured one. Sometimes things don't need colour to look amazing! You nailed it!
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!