Saturday, April 1, 2023

'Gnome' one like you

I usually gravitate toward clean and simple cards, but every once in awhile I like to make more elaborate cards. The three cards I have to share today definitely fit that bill -- and they're pretty cute, too, if I do say so myself.


OK, I'll admit it would be pretty hard to make cards that aren't cute with these gnome stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn. It definitely takes time to do all the coloring, die cutting, and layering, but it's worth it. 


I think these cards are pretty self-explanatory, but here are a few notes:

- I added clouds to the background with cloud stencils (Taylored Expressions), white ink, and blender brushes. I wish the clouds showed up a little better on the lighter blue card stock.

- For the large mushroom houses, I very lightly sponged Crumb Cake ink on the white bases to give them a little depth. I also used Glossy Accents on the white spots on the mushroom tops.

- I chose a few colors for the gnomes' clothes and mixed and matched them on the different figures. (I used the same colors for the presents, too.) That way they looked good together however I combined them on the different cards.


Inside the two birthday cards I added a stamped sentiment and a couple of mushrooms. For the third card, I left the panel blank (I wrote out my own thank-you message) and added a mushroom and a gnome holding a flower.

Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are so cute! I love all the bright colours! I love gnomes, but haven't done any gnome cards for years. The dies got too fiddly for me and I got frustrated! I think these cards are fun, and the recipients will love them!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

These are definitely full of cuteness and colorful-ness. For sure to bring a smile to those who receive them. Keeping the same colors is perfect- lots of color but all coordinate.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine and Judy! I appreciate your kind comments! :)