Saturday, April 8, 2023

Varied Vases birthday blooms

Today I have a short post with a couple of birthday cards using the Varied Vases stamp set. These cards could easily be modified for a different occasion by just changing the sentiment.

I kept these cards really clean and simple by focusing on black and white for the stamped images -- I really like the look of the vases with just outlines -- and just adding color to the flowers. When the stamping was done, I matted the focal panels with black card stock and then added each one to a coordinating card base. I finished the cards with a few simple embellishments: pink pearls and a little flag for the card on the left and clear sequins for the card on the right. I think these layouts would be great for a card set -- just use a few different sentiments and color combos.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty! I think I have that stamp set-must use it some time!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Very nice - and agree totally - great for lots of occasions with a change of sentiment. I'm not all that good at coloring, but those little pops of color, I could do that!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank you, Judy and Sunshine! I'm noy great at coloring, either, Judy -- the colored parts of these flowers were actually stamps, so it was really easy to add the colors. :)