Saturday, March 4, 2023

Birthday butterfly

When I found the backgrounds that I used for the plaid birthday cards I shared recently, I also found a collage-style background made with the retired Stampin' Up! set Nature Walk. (There were lots of other backgrounds, too, so maybe I'll get around to using them as well at some point.) I decided to use some of the background piece to create a birthday card, and here is the result:


I think the colors in this background are Soft Suede, River Rock, Soft Sky, and Island Indigo. It's also spritzed with a shimmer mist. I used a stitched rectangle die to cut a panel from the background, and then I stamped "Happy Birthday" in an open space near the bottom. I adhered the panel to an Island Indigo card base and added a die-cut butterfly I found in my stash. (Just the body of the butterfly is glued down, so there is a little dimension in the wings.) I finished the card with a few cream-colored sequins and a twine bow on the butterfly.


One of the things I really like about this background is that there are bumblebees stamped on it using shimmer paint. They're hard to see straight on, but when you tilt the card it's a really pretty shimmery effect.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH wow! Those cute little bumblebee's really shine when the light catches them! I can imagine how shiny the must be in real life! I like the colours you have used too, very pretty!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! The shimmer paint is so tricky -- when I first pulled out that piece, I don't think I even realized the butterflies were there. I turned the paper and they popped out! :)